I love the idea of decorating for different seasons but I find as the years go by I do less of it because I want fewer things in my life, not more. Fall is my favorite season for decorating and I think it’s because if I do it smartly I can combine fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving all at once. Three for the price of one is definitely a just the right thing in my book.
Perusing the internet I see a continuing trend to paint pumpkins and gourds. I love the idea of painting pumpkins as you don’t have to cut and carve pumpkins, get your hands all goopy and the pumpkin doesn’t wilt and mold in a couple of days. Here are a couple links to some beautiful, fall decorating ideas, many of them using painted pumpkins.
- 25 Things To Do With A Pumpkin from Henry Happened.
- Fall Mantel Parade from Censtational Girl and 2012 Autumn Mantels.
- If you like sophistication mixed with fun check out Halloween Decorations: Sarah’s Guest Bathroom from Boxwood Clippings. I absolutely love the pale green pumpkins.
For those of you who love Halloween some fun finds are:
- Free Spooky Printables from Shelterrific. I love the “condemned house” sign. (Shelterrific is posting new Halloween ideas everyday this month so if you are a Halloween-a-holic visit often.)
- How To Make A DIY Pumpkin Keg is a clever idea from the blog Man Made. I’m sure it would be the hit of many a party.
- These spooky skeleton hands are pretty cool and even a crafting dummy like me could make them.