Foodies are great because it’s easy to find wonderful gifts for them. Here are some ideas the foodie in your life will love:
- The Splendid Table’s How to Eat Supper by Lynne Rossetto Kasper. Wonderful, unusual, simple recipe ideas for dinner.
- The Pleasure of Cooking for One by Judith Jones. As a young woman Judith Jones was Julia Child’s editor for Mastering the Art of French Cooking. This legendary editor, now widowed for 13 years, wrote this beautiful cookbook that celebrates the joy of preparing wonderful food.
- American’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. Nancy wrote about this cookbook earlier this year. This is the cookbook to give singles, newlyweds, or anyone looking for a solid, reliable, reach for again and again type cookbook.
Herbs & Spices
Nancy received a small tin with four gourmet salts from her friends MJ and Liz. It’s one of the nicest little gifts she’s ever received.The best thing about this salt assortment is it costs $10.00, making it a just the right stocking stuffer, hostess gift, present for a good friend, or for someone you don’t know very well. The company also makes a pepper assortment. Check them out:
Penzeys.com is the place to find a vast variety of the top herbs and spices from around the world. Currently they are offering cute little mini themed gift boxes with 4 spices for only $7.95! If you know someone who loves to bake treat them with a bottle of Penzey’s double vanilla and their extra fancy Vietnamese cinnamon.
Smoked paprika. We love smoked paprika, especially pimenton, the oak smoked paprika from Spain. Joan goes through cans of it making pots of pinto beans. Nancy loves it for paella and chili. The trio pack from La Tienda makes a lovely, affordable gift.
Oil & Vinegar
- Authentic Balsamic Vinegar Sampler – $25 Does aging really make balsamico better? Let your favorite foodie decide with this 4-pack of 8, 10, 20 and 40 year aged Balsamico from Italy.
- Citrus Olive Oil Sampler – $17 Four lovely small bottles of olive oil including lemon, orange and bergamot.
- First Day of Harvest Olive Oil – $34.50 This Spanish olive oil is on sale because it is the first pressing from the 2009 harvest. Fabulous oil in a beautiful bottle for drizzling on soup, grilled meats and vegetables. Still delicious and made to be used right away.
For the serious foodie you can’t go wrong with a subscription to Cooks Illustrated:
- The Weekender Gift Basket from Zingermans – $75.00 Not your run-of-the-mill food gift basket; this is one your friends will seriously love you for. Includes bread, brownies, salami, cheese…heck, go click and check it out for yourself.
- Zingerman’s Reuben Sandwich Kit – $80 EVERYTHING you need to make the ultimate Reuben sandwich and you get to pick between pastrami, corned beef or turkey.
- The Bacon Club – $99 and up A bacon-of-the-month club featuring premium bacons from around the U.S.
- Personalized M&Ms – various $ Joan says: Perfect for someone who has everything! Lots of great choices, but a gumball-style dispenser and 21oz. of M&Ms with your favorite sports team’s logo on it is $60. Go uber-personalized with the PHOTO and message of your choice starting at $18
- Chocolate-oply – $21 Just like Monopoly, but with a chocolate theme. Perfect for the chocolate lover in your life!
- Ice Princess Star-shaped Ice Cube Trays – $11 Wanna feel like a princess when you sip that gin and tonic? This one’s for you! (Check out the whole line from Fred – he’s got an ice cube shape for everyone.)
- Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutters $9 These gingerbread men weren’t quite fast enough… SO funny!